Friday, October 3, 2008

A Little Organization Tip

One problem around our house is not knowing whose socks goes to which boy. I started buying one Boy one type of sock and the other Boy another, and then I started realizing that can go for their underwear and their pajama t-shirts as well. With four sisters in the house, my mom would color code our socks by putting our designated color thread in each of our socks. My husband started writing our boys' first initial on their socks with fabric pen, but it still washed out. Then I read this in the Real Simple Magazine:

I live in a family of men, but we all wear white socks, so sorting laundry used to be a pain. To keep our socks in order, I buy each family member a different type or brand of white socks. My husband gets Jockey regular socks, my oldest gets Hanes, my youngest gets Fruit of the Loom, and I get white socks with pastel trim. Guess what? It’s easy to sort all those white socks!Lin Devries Charlotte, North Carolina

Thanks, Lin, for that helpful tip because it will save us some time too!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's going to take more than a tip for me. How about a complete make over?

    ReplyDelete